Paleo Almond Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ almond milk
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp organic cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon chia seed
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- coconut oil
- fresh berries
- 100% honey
- Combine almond flour, applesauce, coconut flour, eggs, almond milk, nut meg, chia seed, cinnamon and sea salt in a bowl, and mix together completely with a fork. The batter will appear a little thicker than a normal mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan once it is fully heated. Spread out batter slightly.
- Flip like a normal pancake when the bubbles start showing up on the top, and cook for another minute or two.
- Add more oil to the pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with honey and fresh berries.
Note: If the pan is too hot, the cakes will stick, burn on the outside, and/or not cook entirely through.
Adapted from PaleoPlan.com
Banana Carrot Muffins
Drizzle honey on top for extra pizazz
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 Tbs cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seed
- 1 cup dates, pitted (or baking raisins)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or 1/2 cup applesauce)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
- ¾ cup walnuts (or nuts of choice), finely chopped
- muffin paper liners
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, chia seed, salt and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar, agave nectar and oil.
- Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture in the large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in carrots and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.