I am in a cinnamon stage. Some have said that it is a spice that not only tastes good (to me at least) but has good health benefits too. “Lab studies have found that cinnamon may reduce inflammation, have antioxidant effects, and fight bacteria. (webmd)”. Whether it is really true or not is yet to be proven in humans, however it is an ancient spice that adds a delicious flavor to not only sweets, but rich foods such as pork and lamb.
The other night I added it to my pork chops. YUMMMY. Topped it with a simple tomato and mint salad. A new favorite simple meal. Enjoy the recipe below!
Cinnamon Pork Chops
- Pork chops (4)
- Cinnamon (1- 1/2 tablespoons)
- Olive oil (for brushing and a lil to fry)
- Fresh minced garlic (3-4 heads)
- In a frying pan, heat a little olive oil and the fresh garlic
- Brush each pork chop with olive oil and sprinkle the cinnamon on both sides
- Lightly fry the pork chop in the garlic and remove immediately
- Grill to finish cooking and serve!
Tomato Mint Salad
Ingredients and instructions:
- Grape tomatoes
- Chopped fresh mint
- Slivers of almonds
- Balsamic reduction
- Toss together
- (can add cucumbers too)