I am in love with meatballs. Unfortunately, I haven’t found any meatballs at any restaurant (locally) that are gluten-free. Which stinks. However, I love making them (and personally think mine would taste better anyhow!). See my yummy turkey balls below (that just does NOT sound right). You can substitute red meat if you would like.
- Approximately 2 pounds of meatHalf a zucchini and half a squash (chopped into big chunks)One red apple (cored and chopped into big chunks)1/4 cup of carrots (chunks or shredded)1/4 cup of chopped onion4-5 fresh garlic heads1 egg (beaten)3/4 cup buckwheat flour1 tablespoon dried basil1 tablespoon dried oreganoSalt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Add zucchini squash, apple, carrots, onion and garlic heads in a food processor (or hand chop very fine- will take some time to do it this way); process till fine
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix by hand
- Form meatballs and place on cookie sheet
- Bake approx 20-30 min (will depend on size of balls you make)
- Can eat em just like that or add to pasta! Sprinkle fresh chopped basil on top for extra yummy!