Yesterday was a special day. CrossFit boxes across the country honored the 19 fallen firefighters from Arizona with a special WOD- HOTSHOT19. I heard it was torture and watched some live heats, but I personally did not WOD as I have a triathlon tomorrow and am trying to take it easy.
(please note this is my first triathlon and let me tell you I am SCARED shitless…just throwing that out there)
I did make a special paleo ‘dessert’ for the members of our box though and dropped them off. Took them to my youngest brat’s 2nd birthday party yesterday too. They were YUM. Recipe is below.
Tonight I am making some of my home-made meatballs and pasta (carb back loading for tomorrow) and gonna go say a few hundred prayers that I MAKE it through tomorrow. Wish me luck. Afterwords I plan to LOAD up with some CHAMPAGNE and FLOAT in my pool (in other words, I won’t be able to move my arms and plan to get drunk as hell…I mean celebrate..)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups carrots, shredded (better if finely chopped)
- ¾ cup walnuts (or nuts of choice), finely chopped
- Honey for drizzling
- Muffin paper liners
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar, agave nectar and oil.
- Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture in the large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in carrots and nuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes then drizzle honey on top of each muffin
- Bake at 350° for 10 more minutes