This post is so simple, it probably doesn’t need to be shared. However, one of my favorite dinner meals, Paleo style, are turkey tacos. They are FULL of flavor, yet so very good for you. See my recipe below.
On the subject of good for you, I am so excited that my daughter and I finished another 5k together. This one was through a fabulous organization, Girls on The Run. If you have a daughter, you must check out this program. It is not JUST about running. It is so much more.
She ran it with me NONSTOP. Which is a big deal for her. And for me. I do about two 5K’s a month, and yet I HATE running. Yes, yes I do. So…why do I run you may ask? Like my husband always asks. Because I hate it, I do it. I want to either learn to love it, OR learn to at least NOT hate it. I have come pretty far. When I started running 6 months ago, I could barely run to the end of my block…which is maybe 200 feet. In that time I have formed a new respect for running. And a hopeful feel toward it (starting to lean…a bit…out of the HATE zone). Perhaps one day I will love it. From barely running 200 feet, to now 3.2 miles nonstop (I DID NOT SAY FAST), I am optimistic that I can one day finish a 10k….perhaps, maybe…a marathon. Not bad for someone who hates running. My true hope is that it will be something that me and my daughters can do together…and whooo hoo it is FREE. 🙂
Back to the tacos…which I think I may make tonight. And I will try not to open a bottle of Chardonnay (which goes GREAT with them) since it is NOT my cheat meal….yet.
Turkey Tacos (Paleo Style)
- Ground turkey meat
- Seasoning (see seasoning below)
- Bib lettuce
- Avocado (2)
- Tomatoes (3 roma, diced)
- Onion (1/2 white, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Season the meat (see seasoning mix below)
- Cook the meat thoroughly with 3/4 of the chopped onion
- While the meat is cooking, make fresh guacamole;
- Mash the avocado, add in the lemon juice, 1/4 of the chopped onion, 1/2 of the diced tomatoes and the salt and mix thoroughly
- Use the bib lettuce as a ‘shell’ and add in your meat/guacamole
- Add some side veggies (I did zucchini and squash brushed with agave nectar and salt and roasted for 10 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions for seasoning mix
- Mix together and store in an airtight container.