Although true paleo eating doesn’t have baking, pancakes or cookies….I have to make adaptions…for myself and my kiddos. I made these and everyone loved them! They are not typical pancakes though…and you need to eat them right away (they don’t hold up well once cool or reheated). Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ almond milk
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- coconut oil
- fresh berries
- 100% honey
- Combine almond flour, applesauce, coconut flour, eggs, almond milk, nut meg, cinnamon and sea salt in a bowl, and mix together completely with a fork. The batter will appear a little thicker than a normal mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan once it is fully heated. Spread out batter slightly.
- Flip like a normal pancake when the bubbles start showing up on the top, and cook for another minute or two.
- Add more oil to the pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with honey and fresh berries.
Note: If the pan is too hot, the cakes will stick, burn on the outside, and/or not cook entirely through.
Adapted from PaleoPlan.com